Washing and maintaining your synthetic hair wig is important to ensure it lasts a long time and stays looking great. From this article, you will know how to maintain and wash a synthetic wigs, here we come:
About daily maintain:
Step 1: Mix some water and hair conditioner into a can;
Step 2: Spay the mixed liquid on your wig;
Step 3: Brush the wig with your wide-tooth comb gently, open the dangles carefully
Step 4: Dry it under the natural wind.
If you wear your wig everyday, wash it every 3 weeks
- Before you wash, be sure to carefully de-tangle the hair using a wide tooth comb.
- Lightly brush through and gently remove any tangles using a wide tooth comb/brush.
- Do not pull or drag the fiber.
- Fill a bowl with COLD water (NO hot water, as heat damages fibers).
- Mix a little shampoo into the water.
- Immerse your wig and allow it to soak for few minutes.
Step 3： Rinse
- Immerse your wig in a fresh bowl of cold water to remove shampoo.
- Do not squeeze or wring your wig.
Step 4： Conditioner
- Apply conditioner directly to your wig, stroking downwards from roots to ends.
- Keep in 4–5 minutes.
- Rinse by immersing wig once more in fresh cold water.
Step 5：Towel dry
- Place the wig between a folded towel and pat dry.
- Never squeeze, rub or wring your wig while drying.
- Remove from towel.
Step 6：Style and hair dry
- Gently shake the wig to regain its style. Alternatively, lightly style it with a wig comb or your fingers.
- Place wig on a folding wig stand or over the mouth of a large jar or vase to dry naturally. Never use a hair dryer, as heat damages synthetic fibers.